Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Scrum Master / Senior Business Analyst to join our team in support of our federal Healthcare IT customer. This position is a hybrid role, combining the roles of Scrum Master and Senior Business Analyst.
As Scrum Master, a facilitator and leader who upholds Agile values and the Scrum process, encourages the team, and removes impediments to progress. Drive meetings including preplanning, planning, daily scrum, and Review & Retrospective Coordinate with Project Manager, Agile Coach, and Product Owner(s) to help in preparing the overall planning of the project. Lead team ensuring it is following agile processes in each sprint at user story level as per the Definition of Done (DoD). Identify project risks and raise them proactively. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
As Business Analyst, specify high-level requirements to the Agile team. Collaborate with Scrum team, stakeholders and the customer Product Owner to develop and estimate user stories and establish acceptance criteria. Ensure clear vision of product in the form of well-defined user stories, prioritizing user stories together with the team and estimating them to create a clear line of sight to the product. Provides exploratory testing and supports user testing within team.
Operational experience is a must – classroom and theoretical knowledge alone will not suffice.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Help product owner to write user stories
- Help team on the estimating of the user stories and prepare them for the same
- Provide the common tasking codes for the team for better tracking on technical front
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self organization
- Assist with assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and supporting the coaching of the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 10+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 5+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Hands-on operational experience serving in both capacities (Scrum Master and Business Analyst) on large similar and complex software / systems development initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of Agile delivery processes (e.g., Scrum, KANBAN, etc.). Understanding of methods and techniques for Agile Delivery; understanding of system design, including documentation (SDD), backlog grooming and planning (estimation); implementation and testing, including Agile/Scrum management with peer to peer development and test-driven development; Acceptance Testing, including software quality assurance, Section 508, Security, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills including the ability to participate in persuasive discourse with customers and the ability to produce compelling documentation of solutions that is easily understood by non-technical reviewers.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with senior managers, peers, and customers is also required.
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Required Personal Skills for ScrumMaster:
- Servant Leader - Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Prior CMS experience is strongly desired
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").