SBD is seeking a motivated Deputy Project Manager to join an exciting modernization project for our client working in a fast-paced and forward-thinking agile environment. The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom developed web-enabled system. This includes the user story development, architectural design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new functionalities as well as enhancements to existing ones. Data Analytics support is a critical function of the system and will provide users the ability to analyze and use the health insurance and related information. This includes a data repository and analytics solution to act as a cloud-based data platform for capturing, sharing, aggregating, and analyzing health insurance and related information to support improved decision making, improved business practices and improved services to states and federal agencies.
- Core essential operations by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Direct daily project setting deadlines.
- Plan, direct and coordinate electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis and computer programming.
- Develop, review and maintain complex integrated project plans to plan, organize, coordinate, and communicate project activity.
- Develop, review and maintain resource management plans ensuring optimal utilization of diverse skill sets and staff resources across entire project.
- Serve as resource manager to efficiently and effectively allocate resources from cross-functional teams – balancing multiple competing objectives.
- Develop, review, and coordinate delivery of all contract and project reporting requirements, including weekly and monthly status and financial status reports.
- Manage project financial and budget performance, including staff utilization, project revenue, subcontractor work share / utilization, and earned value management (EVM).
- Support staff and employee performance management process.
Additional duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Consult with users, management, vendors and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Evaluate IT proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Continuously improve processes.
- Extensive knowledge and practical understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, with specific experience with traditional waterfall and Agile approaches.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and organization skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize goals, tasks, activities, and resources in a demanding, fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Ability to identify issues and risks, assess and mitigate impacts, and focus organization and project attention and resources appropriately.
- Core skill set in project planning, resource management, and contract/project performance in an enterprise level software development environment.
- Proven ability to apply project management fundamentals and principles in a complex enterprise-wide software development and production operations environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, maintain, and manage highly integrated schedules for complex, enterprise-wide systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, operate, and manage large project budgets and finances.
- 8+ years experience in software / systems development domain.
- 5+ years demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and direct technical teams and resources.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Experience and familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Microservices environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles (e.g. Github, Jenkins, Ansible).
- Must be able to pass background investigation
- Must be forward thinking and passionate problem solver able to work in a group environment that contributes to global client and company mission and culture
- Able to take on new challenges and professionally communicate and collaborate with peers and executive client and corporate leadership
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").