SBD is seeking a Program Manager to support our federal customer’s SDLC support services. This is a high-profile, high-visibility modernization program where you can contribute innovative solutions across the entire portfolio of our customer’s web systems.
- Provide overall authority for the entire portfolio task orders.
- Manage complex tasks and teams and coordinate diverse technical individuals and internal/external groups.
- Lead the IT Transformation of infrastructure service delivery towards a DevOps model applying Kanban and Agile methods.
- Manage a large, performance-based IT program, with P&L responsibilities of $10M+.
- Achieve solid, organic growth and new business results.
- Provide strong leadership, mentoring and team building for 30+ geographically-dispersed employees and subcontractors.
- Provide organizational transformation for the Program and the Agency.
- Manage customer relationship with government stakeholders, contract management and Agency CIO.
- Deliver excellent verbal, written and status reporting communications.
- The PM’s duties and responsibilities include the supervision of personnel, technical & functional program operations, engagement with the PMO and Government Representatives and Customer to ensure deliverables occur on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Manage operations to ensure all contract performance standards are met or exceeded, and to address operational concerns and issues.
- Manage monetary resources in such a manner as to keep contract within budget guidelines.
- Ensure the Government is notified of significant issues, along with identifying and recommending new approaches to improve quality, cost and process inefficiencies.
- The PM accepts assignment as the single representative responsible for all performance, services and deliverables under the task order and will serve as the primary liaison between Management teams.
- Organize, direct and coordinate planning and execution of all task order activities.
- Manage resources and supervise contractor staff in the performance of all work on this task order.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Engineering and Operations teams are fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps system framework.
- Identify qualified key personnel, subordinate managers and project, section or shift leads as appropriate. Specifically, subordinate PM’s shall be identified for the work they are supporting.
- Ensure that non-FFP CLIN obligations are managed to ensure proper/planned staffing through Period of Performance.
- Be the primary interface with the Contracting Officer (CO), Contracting Officer’s representative (COR) and Government Program Manager.
- P&L management to include achieving or surpassing internal corporate goals.
- Effective organization skills able to manage a team of more than 12 people.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems, issues, and risks.
- Ability to independently manage project budgets to include baseline, forecast, and actual tracking.
- Review and approve invoices in a timely manner.
- Effective time management.
- Perform project management activities to include:
- Financial management
- Project status tracking
- Deliverable tracking
- Analysis of project data and reporting
- Action item tracking
- Risk and Issue Management
- Development and maintenance of materials to communicate Project status
- Documenting lessons learned and issue resolution
- Support weekly customer meetings
- Develop comprehensive and professional briefings to provide project status and information. Record and distribute meeting minutes/action items when required.
- Support meeting coordination and facilitation to include preparing agendas, tracking action items, managing risks and issues, and disseminating project supporting documentation.
- Understanding of how to manage and support technical resources in application development and data warehousing.
- Ability to manage mixed employee/subcontractor teams.
- Approve timesheets.
- Develop of staff performance goals and performance evaluation duties.
- Perform all corporate required quality activities.
- BA/BS degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience or a minimum of 14 years of directly related experience. MA/MS or MBA degree with a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience, or PhD with a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to pass a federal background investigation.
- PMP Preferred
- CSM Preferred
- ITIL Preferred
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience using multiple systems to identify solutions for the customer and the ability to manage multiple systems, tabs and issues at one time
- Experience with follow up and closure for customer
- Experience with thorough documentation of contact
- Proven excelled customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Must have strong focus, dedication to research and resolve issues
- General Knowledge of computers and Microsoft systems
- Flexibility to work shift schedule
- Ability to mentor junior staff and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Familiarity with working in an IT service desk environment
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").