SBD is looking for a talented DevOps Sr. Systems Engineer for our Federal client. The ideal candidate should have system administration, engineering, and automation experience for web-based systems. They should also have superior process re-engineering, communication and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate for this position will also possess relevant experience in administrating systems based on various platforms including but not limited to Windows, Linux, and associated hardware to include mainframe, mini, or client/server-based architectures.
- Collaborate with customer, development and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions
- Manage and monitor the applications and server environment for performance and other issues.
- Create scripts to automate build, installation, deployment and monitoring of applications and its components.
- Provide detailed documentation of work and environment
- Provide analysis and proposals that coincide with a technological vision
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for identified problems.
- Provide Tier 2+ problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- 5+ years progressively increasing experience in technical leadership, project management, and execution
- 2+ years of experience in Agile delivery
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps
- 2+ years of designing and administrating systems in cloud environment
- Experience working with Windows Remote Server Administration Tools
- Experience with Windows Power Shell
- Familiarity with Windows network connection troubleshooting tools
- Familiarity with Windows Snare
- Experience with System Vulnerability Management
- Experience with Visual Basic
- Experience with .NET application environments
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- BS Degree Computer Science or related field
- Strong working knowledge of PC, and laptop hardware, PC Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Productivity Applications Installation and Configuration, Microsoft O/S patches and updates, and PC Operating Systems.
- Experience with Azure and or Amazon Web Services.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of server hardware, Microsoft Server OS configuration, and server backup devices.
- Must have high level of understanding of a variety of networking equipment, including firewalls, routers and switches.
- Management of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans for upgrades and system enhancements
- Deploy, configure, and maintain software and core services
- Troubleshoot Server technical issues as well as both networking and storage technologies
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Support complex client/server interaction problems and complex workstation issues such as registry-based issues and application conflicts.
- Perform advanced network consulting, design, installation, and support.
- Manage/configure SAN (Storage Area Networks) and NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- Design and install complex server cluster groups and their maintenance.
- Design and install mid to large scale server infrastructure, troubleshooting complex problems between platforms and vendors.
- Assess complex network needs and recommend solutions.
- Generate technical documentation
- Design and implement new solutions and technologies for solving complex problems and providing integration between miscellaneous vendor products.
- Must be able to pass Federal background investigation
- Must be forward thinking and passionate problem solver able to work in a group environment that contributes to global client and company mission and culture
- Able to take on new challenges and professionally communicate and collaborate with peers and executive client and corporate leadership
- US Citizenship is Required
- ITIL Foundations or higher preferred
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").