Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is looking for a talented full-time Senior Statistician to collaborate on a team of software developers and data analysts in the area of Health. Applicants will aid in constructing a data warehouse for the troves of quantified information tracking lifestyle, health decisions, health care, and health payments as it relates to injury, disease, recovery, and wellness.
The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail driven, and possess excellent problem-solving skills. Passion, talent, and interest are equally as important as technical background.
- Applies a variety of complex mathematical and statistical theory and techniques and specialized quantitative areas
- Conducts rigorous analysis to solve highly complex problems and integrate mathematical and statistical methods to help validate and support findings of the audit reviews and reports.
- Advises on the formulation of mathematical models to produce critical and defensible results that support Agency audits.
- Perform data management functions including preparation of analytic data sets and detection of outliers and potential data quality issues
- Design and perform statistical analyses incorporating quantitative methods including linear regression, logistic regression, and regression methods for clustered and repeated measures data
- Provides advice in determining the appropriate advance statistical sampling, analytics and methodologies to use based on the derived or modified theory.
- Provides team with succinct summary of the statistical methods and data analyses in a readily comprehensible fashion
- Document all programming, data management, and decision steps, which will serve as a technical appendix to project deliverables and ensure the reproducibility of findings
- Support dissemination and distribution of data and reports.
- Review and perform appropriate data validation and quality assurance of work products to ensure data integrity
- Adheres to and Advocates the requirements of IT Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 3+ years (mid) or 7+ years (senior) progressively increasing experience in statistical analytics
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and work independently
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, and is a team player
- Creative, professional, and able to take initiative
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Required skills and experience:
Desired skills and experience:
- Compiling and assembling statistical material and applying statistical techniques
- Write programs using Base SAS, SAS Macro Language, SAS ODS facility, SAS GRAPH, SAS STAT
- Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or closely related field
- 3+ years of related experience
- Statistical programming experience in SAS, or related software
- Strong database management and computer skills
- Master’s degree Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or closely related field
- Working knowledge of STATA, R and/or SQL
- Experience with Python
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").