We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Network/Systems Engineer Jr.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Network/Systems Engineer Jr. to join our team in support of our Department of Defense customer in Arlington, VA. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, maintain and support technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components for mid- to large-sized projects.
- Independently perform assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determine and develop approach to solutions. Receive technical guidance only for unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Perform installation, maintenance, and support of system software/hardware and provide user support.
- Identify key barriers/core problems and apply problem solving skills in order to deal with complex situations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Make decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Perform engineering and roll-out implementation, configuration, debugging and support for multiple platforms.
- Monitor and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Two or more (2+) years’ relevant experience in a broad array of LAN/WAN network systems (hardware and software), and systems administration. Experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot and provide end-user support.
- Develop and implement configurations, debugging, and planning for rollouts and maintenance of network and related systems.
- Ability to communicate verbally, and in written form at all levels of the program including client leadership.
- Familiarity with MS Office products.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret or Interim Secret Clearance.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 certification requirements (a current compliant certification is preferred; ability to obtain prior to starting is required). Proof of certification is required. Approved Certifications: A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, SSCP
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Department of the Navy experience.
- Other military department or Department of Defense experience.
- Other federal government experience.
- In addition, consideration will be given for any technical certification, accomplishment or demonstrated expertise that displays a level of competence equating to the education or experience required for a position.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").