SBD is looking for a talented Scrum Master to join an exciting modernization project for our client working in a fast-paced and forward-thinking agile environment. The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom developed web-enabled system. This includes the user story development, architectural design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new functionalities as well as enhancements to existing ones. Data Analytics support is a critical function of the system and will provide users the ability to analyze and use the health insurance and related information. This includes a data repository and analytics solution to act as a cloud-based data platform for capturing, sharing, aggregating, and analyzing health insurance and related information to support improved decision making, improved business practices and improved services to states and federal agencies.
As Scrum Master, a facilitator and leader who upholds Agile values and the Scrum process, encourages the team, and removes impediments to progress. Drive meetings including preplanning, planning, daily scrum, and Review & Retrospective Coordinate with Project Manager, Agile Coach, and Product Owner(s) to help in preparing the overall planning of the project. You will be a part of an Agile team leading an individual scrum team ensuring it is following agile processes in each sprint at user story level as per the Definition of Done (DoD). Identify project risks and raise them proactively. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
Operational experience is a must – classroom and theoretical knowledge alone will not suffice.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Help product owner to write user stories
- Help team on the estimating of the user stories and prepare them for the same
- Provide the common tasking codes for the team for better tracking on technical front
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self organization
- Assist with assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and supporting the coaching of the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 5+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 5+ years’ experience in Agile delivery
- Hands-on operational experience serving in the role of a Scrum Master on large similar and complex software / systems development initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of Agile delivery processes (e.g., Scrum, KANBAN, etc.). Understanding of methods and techniques for Agile Delivery; understanding of system design, including documentation (SDD), backlog grooming and planning (estimation); implementation and testing, including Agile/Scrum management with peer to peer development and test-driven development; Acceptance Testing, including software quality assurance, Section 508, Security, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills including the ability to participate in persuasive discourse with customers and the ability to produce compelling documentation of solutions that is easily understood by non-technical reviewers.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with senior managers, peers, and customers is also required.
- Required Personal Skills for ScrumMaster:
- Servant Leader - Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones’ craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").