The Software Development Manager provides oversight to a team of programmers, leads design decisions, and does hands-on work with teams to lead development efforts. You will be responsible for the implementation of robust business applications. You will be expected to maintain awareness of trends, technologies, and best practices. You must be adept at problem-solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to direct others while promoting a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company.
- Develop, manage and prepare software development team for success.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers.
- Provide technical leadership for every aspect of software development
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Perform closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management throughout organization to influence product development assisting or improving products.
- Develop relations with existing and prospective customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Ensure top quality design reviews in support of attaining business goals.
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business goals with leadership chain, team and with customers.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with developers and architecture team to promote software design consistency, adoption of best practices and technical direction across multiple teams.
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams from multiple projects to apply consistent software architecture standards and development approaches.
- Provide governance support and review project architectures for compliance. Will identify areas across projects that are candidates for consolidation into centralized services or components.
- Promote a unified architectural approach across multiple related projects and work with teams to help them follow best practices and established standards. Analyze, document, diagram and recommend solutions for deploying re-usable services across multiple web applications.
- Proven expertise in developer tools and software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to design and implement SOA based/microservices solutions.
- Communicating strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and defending recommendations.
- Strong web application design and development experience.
- Hands-on experience building cloud solutions with AWS.
- Experience supporting rich Internet applications designed to function as single page applications using technologies such as Bootstrap, AngularJs, jQuery and Dojo.
- Experience working with Java technology stacks. Experience with J2EE.
- Experience in designing, building and managing web services (REST and SOAP).
- Provide design leadership and mentoring to development teams.
- Master’s degree or minimum 15 years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of solid Angular experience in an enterprise setting
- RDBMS technology, for real time systems. Data modeling experience for OLTP systems is a plus. BI and Warehouse experience is a plus.
- AWS experience
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").