SBD is seeking a Sr Business Analyst to join an exciting modernization project for our federal client at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom developed web-enabled system. This includes the user story development, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new functionalities as well as enhancements to existing ones.
The BA confirms the project team has a full understanding of business goals, business context, and business processes. The BA analyzes and suggests opportunities for process or standards improvement outside the system itself.
- Defines, documents, and manages customer business functions and processes in the form of epics, features, and user stories that are very clear and concise and are easy to understand and implement by the development team.
- Analyzes a broadly-defined area and using functional decomposition to define high-level epics and stories to create a well-organized, value-driven framework to provide the required business value in the Product Backlog
- Identifying related user stories and epics, grouping them as necessary and documenting the interrelationship and associated business process flows as necessary.
- Consults with users, client, and sprint teams to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Acts as a liaison between product manager, product owner, business owners, end-users and Agile development teams.
- Supports product management related activities, such as discovery coordination and management, product roadmapping, development planning, and problem solving.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications;
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes.
- Plans, organizes and conducts business process definition and/or reengineering/improvement projects
- Recommend solutions that should be developed in consultation with impacted internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in developing an overall change management strategy through software development lifecycle
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff.
- Leads and manages internal team or client attended meetings
- Create and manage product backlog including participating in backlog grooming
- Interpret, recreate, and/or simply business workflow diagrams
- Provides work direction to one or more technical or clerical staff or acts as a team lead on designated projects or assignments
Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly sharing information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 5+ years progressively increasing experience in business analysis, requirements definition and business process modeling
- 3+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Hands-on working experience with JIRA
- Hands-on operational experience serving as the senior most business analyst on a large, complex IT system.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile delivery processes (e.g., Scrum, KANBAN, SAFe, etc.). Understanding of methods and techniques for Agile Delivery.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills including the ability to participate or lead in persuasive discourse with customers and the ability to produce compelling documentation of solutions that is easily understood by non-technical reviewers.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with senior managers, peers, and customers is also required.
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Prior CMS experience is strongly desired
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
- Fast Learner
- Strong business analytical skills including workflow modeling
- Problem Solving skills
- Client management
- Product backlog development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including formal presentations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Works well with ambiguous requirements and unknowns.
- Works well under pressure and with tight (fixed) timelines
- Experience working on a team consisting of 50+ FTEs
- Understands and has experience with federal government contract
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").