We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
SBD is seeking a SAN/NetApp Administrator to join our team in support of our federal DoD customer in Arlington, VA. The SAN/NetApp Administrator will assist the customer with the engineering and sustainment of all storage infrastructure operations. The SAN/NetApp Administrator will provide all activities related to the administration of the NetApp and other storage area network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot file server hardware and operating system problems and respond to alerts in a timely manner
- Provide capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments
- Provide expertise in storage hardware and software selection
- Implement redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery/archiving and leads development of backup and restore procedures
- Communicate and lead the operation of data storage retention policies and create routines to facilitate storage best practices
- Provide expertise in NFS/CIFS technologies, Fiber/iSCSI best practices, and storage troubleshooting
- Support storage replication and snapshot technologies such as SRDF, RecoverPoint, SnapMirror, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and support technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components for mid- to large-sized projects
- Determine and develop approach to solutions
- Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes/tasks until final objectives are completed
- Perform installation, maintenance, and support of system software/hardware and provides user support
- Identify key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills to deal with complex situations
- Works independently with minimal guidance and collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected
- Drive continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Deliver weekly status updates to leadership
- Monitor and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved
- Provide on-call support after hours and on weekends (on a rotational basis) per the department’s on-call agreement to meet SLA’s and metrics
- Five (5) years of Systems and Storage related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 year’s equivalent experience
- IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE and computing environment certification)
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active Secret Clearance or current interim
Additional desired skillsets/experience:
- VMware experience
- Storage Area Network (SAN/NetApp)
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").