We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team in support of our federal customer in Baltimore, MD. The individual in this role will be responsible for upgrading and optimizing workstation and server configurations and improving current backup and recovery procedures. Routine and non-routine troubleshooting is also required. The individual in this role must have excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to provide troubleshooting and support for Microsoft Windows, VPN, ESSO, and network connectivity, and Microsoft Office, and experience with the installation and configuration of laptops and workstations.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Keep current with changes to server operating system
- Monitor server performance with Solarwinds
- Make recommendations for server improvements to optimize performance and stability
- Make recommendations for storage capacity, expansion, upgrades, preventative maintenance and hardware redundancy
- Troubleshoot and resolve server issues
- Maintain familiarity with backup software and procedures
- Ensure successful backup of servers, including proper disaster recovery procedures (preparing tapes for offsite pickup/delivery, replacing tape media in tape backup appliance)
- Install and configure Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
- Install software and hardware updates to server and workstations
- Respond and resolve workstation and server issues for Help Desk service calls.
- Track and log incoming calls
- Respond to and resolve Help Desk service calls timely
- Install or take equipment out of service when the contractor moves
- Update inventory or provide inventory information to a designated individual
- Get familiar and work with agency approved desktop, Single Device Setup (SDS) and server images.
- Store all data files on local servers prior to reloading or replacing a user’s workstation image
- Restore data files to the appropriate file directory
- Conduct all work within the agency’s security guidelines to ensure the proper data and access protection is in place on all workstations and servers
- Test periodically for security holes on servers
- Test all software loaded to ensure there are no conflicts with the existing environment
- Document procedures as needed for new activities as well as update existing procedures as needed.
- Set up, configure and troubleshoot hand-held devices and mobile computers as needed
- Train users on the accepted use of hand-held devices
- Cover help desk daily, Monday through Friday from 2:30pm-5:00pm. Assist in help desk coverage when not completing other duties and resolve tickets timely. For those help desk calls that cannot be immediately resolved open a ticket for staff to resolve.
- Complete the following deliverables as needed:
- Optimization of Windows-based Servers
- Server Build for New Servers Including Physical and VMware Servers
- Implementation Plan for 64-bit Windows Workstation Upgrades
- Update Server Build Documentation and NetBackup Support
- Tracking Update Information (Inventory and Service Call Tracking)
- Install Security Upgrades/Service Packs for assigned Windows 64-bit Workstations
- Complete assigned Server Hardware & Software Upgrades
- Install Operating System Service Packs on assigned server and workstations
- Performance Monitor Server Evaluation
- Finalize Workstation Images
- Written Procedures (where applicable)
- VM Ware Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Server Hardware/Software installation and configuration
- Server Software Installation
- Linux administration
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Public Trust Clearance
- Windows 7/Windows 10 Admin Training or Certification
- Windows Server 2012 Certified Admin
- Exchange 2013 experience
- SharePoint 2010 (preferred)
- NetBackup (preferred)
- RedHat/Unix (preferred)
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").