We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
SBD is seeking a motivated Data Architect to join an exciting modernization project for our client working in a fast-paced and forward-thinking agile environment. The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom developed web-enabled system.
- Provide leadership and heads-down execution of a complex data migration project with ability to troubleshoot data migration issues.
- Develop a complete understanding of the customer’s data environment.
- Provide technical leadership in data analysis, data migration, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design.
- Contribute to translating logical design into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
- Support data validation, data cleansing, and data mapping.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of data dictionaries
- Assist the development of ETL processes and data modeling.
- Assist in definition and development of data schema, data structure, and data integration practices for internal and operational use.
- Maintain the integrity and security of data across several databases.
- Working on SQL & No-SQL technologies.
- Participate in Daily SCRUM to ensure reporting of blockers and issues so that the Sprint cycle is on track.
- Work closely with the Application development team to ensure requirements are understood and documented for the database development team.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- Expert knowledge in leading and executing complex data migration projects.
- Experience leading the processing of large amounts of structured and unstructured data within a microservices environment.
- Experience leading data movement and transformation technologies.
- Must have full understanding of Relational & Non-relational database concepts
- Must have experience and knowledge of database technologies.
- Must be familiar with the GIT repository for all database scripts and artifacts.
- Must be able to analyze production issues related to the database and queries and work with the performance tester to troubleshoot issues
- Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical & Physical)
- Process Improvement and Requirements Analysis
- Database Security and Developing Standards in a microservices environment.
- Strong technical skills and experience with:
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Message Broker Services (e.g. RabbitMQ, Amazon MQ)
- SQL & No-SQL
- Data analysis and data modeling (Erwin, ER Studio or similar)
- ETL tools and concepts (e.g. Informatica),
- Reporting tools (e.g., Cognos)
- Domain-Driven Design
- 10+ years of progressively increasing experience in Data Architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Experience and familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Microservices environment.
- Must be able to pass background investigation
- Must be forward thinking and passionate problem solver able to work in a group environment that contributes to global client and company mission and culture
- Able to take on new challenges and professionally communicate and collaborate with peers and executive client and corporate leadership
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").