Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Configuration Management/Tools Specialist to join our team in support of our Federal Defense customer in Aurora, CO. The individual(s) in this role will be joining a team that is responsible for maintaining, operating, and providing engineering and technical support to an Oracle Federal Financials (OFF) based e-Commerce system. The team is responsible for administration and maintenance of the existing custom software; administration and upgrade of the existing Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software and tools; maintenance of the existing COTS extensions and COTS configurations; corrective software maintenance of custom software, COTS extensions and COTS configurations, including all efforts to diagnose and correct application processing or performance errors; coordination for and troubleshooting of web-based applications executing on remote, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) computing platforms and network infrastructure; and support of DISA upgrades of Operating System and Network infrastructure.
- Provides configuration management planning.
- Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
- The Contractor shall implement and maintain a SDLC, in accordance with IEEE 1074 Software Development Life Cycle or equivalent guidance, to ensure successful sustainment engineering, enhancement engineering, and change/modernization engineering activities.
- The Contractor shall plan and conduct software version control, configuration control, configuration management, and release management for all application software and databases.
- The Contractor shall utilize an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) (e.g., Eclipse and/or ColdFusion Builder) to conduct applicable application development and deployment.
- The Contractor configuration management approach and Configuration Management (CM) Compliance Plan shall institute processes and procedures that are in accordance with, and in support of, the CM Plan.
- The Contractor’s CM Compliance Plan shall describe how the Contractor will integrate its CM processes with the CM Plan to identify configuration of the system software at given points in time, to control changes to the configuration systematically through the use of version control and check-in/check-out processes, to conduct release management, and to maintain the integrity and traceability of the configuration throughout the SDLC.
- The Contractor shall maintain and implement updates to the CM Compliance Plan, to ensure compliance with the latest version of the CM Plan.
- The Contractor shall develop and maintain a complete set of engineering and exhibit drawings, DISA infrastructure and software stack configuration diagrams, infrastructure and software specifications and the associated change documentation for all applications and databases (Solution Design Documentation).
- With all sustainment, enhancement, change and modernization engineering activities, the Contractor shall coordinate changes (as necessary) to the DISA Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM) document with customer and DISA (Solution Design Documentation).
- The Contractor shall manage and administer the ECCP tools (i.e., government-provided Solutions Business Manager® [SBM], PVCS®, and Quality Center® [QC]) and development tools (e.g., Eclipse/ColdFusion Builder), to include the installation, maintenance, upgrade and administration of the COTS products, maintaining COTS configurations and workflow extensions, executing total lifecycle responsibility, managing updates and workflow changes, and supporting ECS operations; e.g., report generation, verification, validation, and maintaining design documentation.
- For each individual, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a CM related field (e.g., computer science, engineering, management); 15 years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience to include experience with CM tools, databases, and projects of the size and scope of the tasks is preferred.
- Technical Environment Experience:
- Application: OFF, EDW, MTR/PAT, Extranet, PRISM, Documentum, ECCP
- OS: UNIX, Solaris, Windows 2012
- DBMS & Tools: Oracle, Oracle Application Manager, WebLogic, OID, Cloud Control, Oracle, COTS: SBM, QC
- Must be a US Citizen possessing or able to obtain the proper security clearance (i.e., ADP-I or II) in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").