SBD is seeking a VTC Systems Engineer to join our team to support secure and non-secure audio and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) and Audio/Visual (AV) systems. The VTC Engineer shall provide state of the art, networked visual information services for our Department of Defense (DoD) customer and its meeting and conference facilities. This shall include set ups, adjustments, and operation of audio/visual equipment and support for the VTC and AV equipment for our customer and its virtual employees. Develop, maintain and support AV/VTC technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software, and conference rooms. Support scheduling, event initiation and monitoring, installation, maintenance, and support of system software/hardware and provides user support. Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with complex situations. Monitor and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Engineer, operate and maintain suites of VTC and AV hardware and software.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance checks in the Executive Conference Center. Communicate deficiencies and required repairs to the Service Desk. Coordinate preventative maintenance inspections with third party maintenance contractor.
- Perform monthly system checks of all VTC systems. Communicate deficiencies and required repairs to the Service Desk. Coordinate preventative maintenance inspections with third party maintenance contractor.
- Coordinate and Conduct VTC tests monthly with the five (5) Regional Offices.
- Conduct video and audio conferences in accordance with our customer’s standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and support unclassified and classified video teleconference hardware.
- Provide remote access solutions using Internet Protocol (IP) and Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Primary Rate Interface (PRn) and Basic Rate Interface (BRn) and provide recommendations to resolve any access issues (such as loss of connection or latency) or improvements to existing solutions during weekly network status meetings.
- Facilitate the execution (e.g., schedule conference rooms, establish Defense Collaboration Services (DCS) sessions, phone bridges) of all classified and unclassified audio and video conferences.
- Coordinate with the Director, Network Operations to obtain security keys to establish secure video and audio conferences.
- Manage VTC phone line additions, changes and moves.
- Manage requirements for telephones, voice over IP (VoIP) to include Call Manager administration, security, and general server maintenance.
- Provide configuration management of telephone lines, VoIP server equipment, and Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers in accordance with Government approved practice and manner.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot IP and ISDN based video teleconferencing equipment and systems that include:
- Wireless LAN Access
- Support for teleworkers
- Defense Collaboration Service (DCS) (Unclassified and Classified)
- Recommend changes to procedures and policies for video teleconference/audio visual support.
- Recommend cost savings measures for video teleconference/audio visual support.
- Schedule, coordinate, and administer VTC and AV sessions.
- Recommend and implement upgrades to the VTC and AV systems at least annually and incorporate approved upgrades.
- Report all equipment issues or failures to the Network Operations Manager. Immediately prior to troubleshooting create a help desk incident management ticket describing the problem.
- Engineer connectivity to other locations and equipment, including audio/visual systems.
- Train personnel on AV and VTC equipment.
- Support cable and satellite television service requests.
- Cover AV/VTC events outside normal operational hours.
- Ensure all configurations and operations meet DISA PC Communications Client STIG and DISA VTC STIG.
- Manage the unclassified bridge.
- Operate and manage the remote monitoring system.
- Bachelor's Degree along with five (5) years’ relevant experience in a broad array of LAN/WAN network systems (hardware and software), and systems administration.
- Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot and provide end-user support
- Develop and implement configurations, debugging, and planning for rollouts and maintenance of network and related systems
- Ability to communicate verbally, and in written form at all levels of the program including client leadership
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- The experience above may have been gained concurrently
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active DoD Interim Secret or Secret Clearance
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements. Proof of certification is required. Approved Certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP.
- Must have a corresponding computing environment certification.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").