We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeing a Cloud Engineer/Architect to join a team of Data Management professionals responsible for improving the user community’s experience by modernizing the access to and enhancing the analytics of our client’s Data Repository into a cloud environment. This team will be responsible for replacing the existing platform with a newer, modernized version using business intelligence tools including MicroStrategy, Informatica, web services, R, Python, SSRS, SAS, and other tools as required.
- Ensure continuity of legacy applications and assist in building our customer’s strategic vision for the future.
- Responsible for guiding and implementing the shift of our customer’s applications to the selected cloud environment following industry best practices, Federal guidelines and standards.
- Participate in the Planning, Migration and Decommissioning processes.
- Review the architecture of the repository and identify activities that should be performed prior to migration, during migration, and (potentially) after migration.
- Provide an assessment of the cloud readiness of the application, including recommendations on how to best move the application from the current data center location into a cloud environment.
- Deliver a technical architecture capturing the “to-be” cloud migration state that is consistent with federal enterprise architecture frameworks and consistent with the Agency’s architecture standards.
- Describe an approach to testing for migration planning.
- Create a plan that will support co-existing non-cloud and cloud architectures during and after migration.
- Provide testing for cloud environments for production, stage, test and development to support the complete systems lifecycle.
- Provide post-deployment cloud support services.
- Provide support to help manage bandwidth, storage, software licenses, etc. as required for supporting the migration.
- Validate backup, recovery and disaster recovery procedures and processes in the cloud environment.
- Validate data backup locations to ensure that data backups are maintained or replicated at a site geographically disparate from the production site such that the loss of one data center does not prohibit recovery of data.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of applicable experience.
- Prior experience with Cloud Migrations in AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud.
- FedRAMP experience is strongly preferred.
- AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud certifications strongly preferred.
- Must have and maintain a minimum of Legal Permanent Resident Status. Non-U.S. citizen applicants with Legal Permanent Resident status must have resided in the United States for at least three of the last five years.
- All applicants must be able to successfully obtain a federal agency-specific background investigation (Public Trust), inclusive of a credit check, prior to beginning work for this customer.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").