Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Data Architect to join a team of Data Management professionals responsible for improving the user community’s experience by modernizing the access to and enhancing the analytics of our client’s Data Repository into a cloud environment. The Data Architect will ensure continuity of legacy data stores and assist in building the customer’s strategic vision for the future. This team will be responsible for replacing the existing platform with a newer, modernized version using business intelligence tools including MicroStrategy, Informatica, web services, R, Python, SSRS, SAS, and other tools as required.
- Provide continuous institutional knowledge through the length of the contract and providing expert knowledge of the data environment to developers in their O&M responsibilities.
- Participate in the design of the system and/or enhancements to the system to conform to enterprise architectural standards. The design shall include tracing all requirements, including security requirements, to elements in the design, considering all security requirements as well as ensure 508 compliance.
- Provide the data migration and systems/application transition strategies to ensure that all the required data is migrated and support dry runs to validate the data migration
- Develop new data marts, enhance existing data marts, and develop future phases of existing data marts
- Develop data structures to support reporting and analysis of data to meet existing and future requirements of the business users.
- Architect and implement a data model that adheres to industry best practices that will allow for flexible integration of new data types and efficiencies
- Coordinate with database administrators (DBA) to build/maintain/enhance the environments to maximize operational efficiency. Tasks shall include coordination on the administration of SQL Server user IDs, adjusting user temporary and default table spaces as required, creating and assigning roles and allocating privileges as necessary and providing recommendations on creating and maintaining table space and rollback segments in a logical fashion to optimize performance.
- Coordinate with the other technical teams for all lifecycle software development, design, and prototyping efforts including, but not limited to, Software Development and Integration (SOA common components, interface specification, physical database specification, message broker), System Design (Database Design, Prototype Development, User Interface, Architecture Design, etc.).
- Document the programs, scripts, and objects that interface with other systems.
- Creating and run models, create scenarios, data extraction, data manipulation, and interpretation of model results.
- Monitor and make recommendations concerning database and application upgrades.
- Support an enterprise data strategy and governance program which will protect institutional data through planning, execution, and oversight of relevant policies and practices while establishing a framework for appropriate access to and use of institutional data.
- Identify, document and increase visibility of institutional data assets.
- Develop, implement and maintain agency-wide data management standards.
- Continue to develop strategies, processes, and guidelines to govern data as an enterprise asset. The enterprise data strategy will consist of both operational and analytic data strategies that are complementary to each other.
- Support the implementation of change management, and data standardization procedures and processes to ensure on-going maintenance of data governance.
- Develop, maintain, and update artifacts and documents associated with the data governance processes and all of the scope areas.
- Support a data governance process for centralized integration of external data sources.
- Develop an operational data strategy and maintain a phased data integration plan and support an analytic Data Strategy.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing experience in Data Architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience providing leadership and heads-down execution of a complex data migration project with ability to troubleshoot data migration issues.
- Experience providing technical leadership in data analysis, data migration, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design.
- Expert knowledge in leading and executing complex data migration projects.
- Experience leading the processing of large amounts of structured and unstructured data within a microservices environment.
- Experience leading data movement and transformation technologies.
- Must have full understanding of Relational & Non-relational database concepts.
- Must have experience and knowledge of database technologies.
- Must have and maintain a minimum of Legal Permanent Resident Status. Non-U.S. citizen applicants with Legal Permanent Resident status must have resided in the United States for at least three of the last five years.
- All applicants must be able to successfully obtain a federal agency-specific background investigation (Public Trust), inclusive of a credit check, prior to beginning work for this customer.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").