We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
COBOL Systems Analyst / Programmer
SBD is seeking a COBOL Systems Analyst / Programmer to join our team in support of our federal customer in Falls Church, VA. The COBOL Programmer will be responsible for the O&M and modernization/consolidation of our client’s large-scale application used by 60k+ individuals. The application is hosted on a Red Hat Linux distributed platform, utilizing Micro Focus Enterprise Server (MFES) for mainframe emulation.
- Maintenance of existing COBOL code, to include modifications and enhancements as necessary to meet business needs.
- User management support for application environments.
- Maintain interfaces with external systems.
- Determine, document, analyze, manage and verify systems requirements from users.
- Monitor and perform reconciliations between systems
- Perform and document systems analysis, design, configuration and testing.
- Comply with government-wide, DHS, and CBP requirements including those associated with systems security, access and internal controls.
- Advise, plan, execute, and manage systems upgrades and updates.
- Provide experience and best practices related to O&M support.
- Provide COBOL code troubleshooting and maintenance programming as needed to support the ongoing operation of the subject environment. Support encompasses approximately 1.3 million lines of COBOL code.
- Analyze, design, and implement modifications as required to ensure the system remains current with the most recent Payroll and Human Resources Management policies, collective bargaining agreement (CBA) guidance, and other mandates as appropriate.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of modernization efforts where input is needed regarding program logic, business rules driving that logic, and constraints related to program execution and calculations.
- 20+ years of experience in system development with COBOL programming, specifically with scheduling and time and attendance systems.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the Systems Engineering Life Cycle from Requirements through Operations and Maintenance.
- Must have good customer relations and communication skills and be able to translate technical terminology into understandable terms for business and non-technical users.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must either currently possess or be able to favorably pass a full 5- year background investigation (BI), inclusive of criminal and financial history.
- Must be able to work from the customer site in Falls Church, VA.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").