We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Network/Hardware System Administrator
SBD is seeking a Network/Hardware System Administrator to join our team in support of our federal customer in Falls Church, VA. The System Administrator will be responsible for the O&M and modernization/consolidation of our client’s large-scale application used by 60k+ individuals. The application is hosted on a Red Hat Linux distributed platform, utilizing Micro Focus Enterprise Server (MFES) for mainframe emulation.
- Application platform support for Micro Focus Enterprise Server environment.
- Administrative support for Common Unix Print Server (CUPS) environment.
- User management support for the application environments.
- User support and trouble ticket resolution.
- Comply with government-wide, DHS, and CBP requirements including those associated with systems security, access and internal controls.
- Advise, plan, execute, and manage systems upgrades and updates.
- Provide experience and best practices related to O&M support.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions for systems issues and play an active role in their resolution including all emergency situations.
- Support virtual print functionality implemented on CUPS platform to emulate mainframe virtual printer.
- Support user provisioning and de-provisioning processes (automated and manual), and associated logging and reporting.
- Implement, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify, as needed, job scheduler tasks to support various legacy data exchange and maintenance activities using Computer Associates (CA) Autosys Edition (AE).
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve help desk tickets, including tickets arriving through the Technology Service Desk Remedy System, as well as email inquiries arriving through the Mod Help Desk group email box (~50 Remedy tickets and ~50 emails weekly).
- Support O&M for operational fixes and routine maintenance including training, security, audits, and enterprise architecture compliance; minor hardware upgrades.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of modernization efforts where input is needed regarding program logic, business rules driving that logic, and constraints related to program execution and calculations.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux/Unix-based system administration.
- Familiarity with mainframe operating systems and processes and be able to support and troubleshoot mainframe code running on a distributed environment via Micro Focus Enterprise Server or similar Mainframe Emulation Environment.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must either currently possess or be able to favorably pass a full 5- year background investigation (BI), inclusive of criminal and financial history.
- Must be able to work from the customer site in Falls Church, VA.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").