The Cross Functional Information System Security Officer (ISSO) / Information Assurance (IA) Developer Engineer supports all Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities including the process managing security and privacy risk, including information system categorization; control selection, implementation, and assessment; system and common control authorizations; and continuous monitoring. This person also supports the security activities associated with evaluating, implementing, managing security practices and continued operations of new and existing technologies across the Enterprise. This person will provide oversight into all IASS responsibilities as required and will support both but Unclassified (SBU) and For Official Use Only (FOUO) systems. The Contractor shall perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with DHS 4300A, DHS ISSO Guide, and other applicable guidance.
The Cross Functional ISSO / IA Developer Engineer shall be responsible for the following:
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Activities: Support all activities as outlined in the NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework for Information Systems and Organizations. This includes the process for managing security and privacy risk that includes information security categorization; control selection, implementation, and assessment; system and common control authorizations; and continuous monitoring.
- Security Authorization Documentation: Initial development and, at least, annual reviews/updates of the FIPS 199, e-Authentication, Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTA)/Privacy Impact Analysis (PIA), Security Plan (SP), Contingency Plan (CP), and Contingency Plan Test (CPT), Interconnection Security Agreement (ISAs) and Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/Us) and any other FISMA related security documentation.
- Security Control Assessment Response: Support all assessment activities by responding to interview questions as well as working with the system teams to gather appropriate evidence as directed by the SCA team.
- Change Management: Review all change requests for potential impact to the system security posture.
- Continuous Monitoring: Conduct audit log and account management reviews and update the Control Allocation Table and Trigger Accountability Log.
- Configuration/Patch/Vulnerability Management: Review scan results for the system assets, identify the respective remediation's for misconfigurations and weaknesses, and work with the system team to ensure timely implementation of fix.
- Incident Response: Work with the Security Operations Center (SOC) and system teams to investigate and analyze any incidents affecting assigned system(s).
- Have the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- Work on high priority ad-hoc request such as data calls, Senior Management Initiatives (CIO, CISO, etc.), customer mandates, etc.
- Have a deep understanding of Security Regulations, such as the NIST Publications and OMB Security related documents
- Prepare documentation and materials to support the operations of FedRAMP compliance requirements throughout the organization
- Develop briefings and presentations for Government PM and Executive Management
- Ability to adapt to an agile environment and provide quality, professional deliverables in a short timeframe with little to no guidance from the Government
- Support all Security Authorization Processes, Security Control Assessments and Ongoing Authorization activities as required and as directed by the Federal Government
- Ensure systems are properly patched and hardened according to DHS requirements
- Assist with issues and concerns related to their assigned systems
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Government
- Conduct research and analysis on abnormalities and provide recommendations
- Conduct Risk Analysis on vendors, cloud service providers, etc. as necessary to identify flaws, threats and risks in emerging IT projects, and develop technical in-depth engineering solutions to address and mitigate these risks
- Provide technical security solutions and control implementation recommendations to the Agile Development teams based on industry best practice and Federal requirements
- Provide, prepare, and conduct security training, as needed
- Apply and analyze privacy laws, administrative laws, regulations and policies surrounding the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, or the Homeland Security Act of 2002
- Serving as a subject matter expert on controls standards such as NIST 800-53, 800-37, 800-66, and 800-171 as well as other privacy regulations
- Work on the automation, monitoring and auditing of privacy controls for each system
- Support security and privacy requirements for internal and external system connections
- Support proposed collection, sharing, and maintenance of PII through privacy compliance documentation
- Perform comprehensive document reviews (DR) on all risk management and security operations documentation, in alignment with DHS, USCIS and FISMA requirements
- Conduct quality assurance checks to ensure that the finished documentation meets DHS, USCIS, and FISMA requirements
- Implement a two (2) day turn around for the following artifacts: FIPS 199, E-Authentication Workbook, PTA, PIA, CP, CPT and a five (5) day turn around for the review of the Security Plan (SP).
- Establish a mailbox and report tracking mechanism to ensure that the federal staff knows the status of all documents that are in the review process at all times by running a simple report.
- Revise, edit, or update security authorization documentation and presentations
- Create, adapt, and follow project schedules and deadlines
- Develop a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Research and build knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension, and write and edit technical information accordingly
- Prepare or commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meet with SMEs in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Government
- Must be a US Citizen with a DoD Secret Clearance
- Have and maintain at least one active certification such as CASP, GSEC, GSLC, CISSP, CEH, CISM, and CISA, or other comparable certification which must be approved in advance by the Government PM (on a case-by-case basis)
- A minimum of three (3) years of specialized experience in one of the following positions: Information Systems Security Officer, Information Systems Security Engineer, Information Systems Security Auditor, or Information Systems Security Manager
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with analyzing, assessing and implementing corrective actions based on vulnerability management tools
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with leading projects, technical writing, administrative tasks, and conducting briefings
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills to perform extensive data mining, correlation, and reporting
- Must be able to commute to Washington, DC daily
- Experience working with NIST SP 800-53, RMF, FISMA, DHS and Department of Defense (DoD) policies
- Listening skills, the ability to detect explicit and implicit needs and wants
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
- Ability to work independently and function as an integral part of the team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interviewing and negotiation skills applicable to identifying, defining, and evaluating requirements
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").