We provide competitive benefits including heath, dental, long and short term
disability, 401(k) plan, and direct deposit as part of your total compensation
Are you ready to be challenged and recognized for your achievements? Apply below if
you are an ethical, forward-looking person focused on customer satisfaction and
delivering on-time solutions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work
environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Watch Desk Analysts
Solutions By Design II, LLC is seeking Watch Desk Analysts to join our team in support of our government customer in Stennis, MS. Watch desk analysts are needed to staff a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC). Watchdesk Analyst are the eyes of the Security Operations Center - always looking for alerts and indicators that something is happening or about to happen. The USCIS SOC relies on numerous toolsets and appliances to protect data and systems. It is the Watchdesk’s job to take the information and alerts from these tools and build the incident so that the Incident Response Team can respond to the anomaly.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide Day to Day monitoring of security tools, initial incident triage, incident identification and initiate the incident response process.
- Watch desk analysts must possess customer service experience, should be able to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure.
- This position requires the ability to work a shift schedule.
- Manage incident related ticketing within the USCIS Enterprise through the currently utilized Ticket Management System and DHS’s Enterprise Operation Center Online.
- Monitors the USCISSOC and CSIRT mailboxes; Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and all additional SOC tool sets to create detailed Incident Reports: Identifying when possible, the effect and scope, what happened, where is originated from, timeframes, why it happened, how the system was vulnerable/ how the attack occurred, and the reason for the attack.
- Recognize the importance of these incidents in relations to the team’s priorities, and determining the appropriate response to the contracted constituency.
- Performance of analysis tasks (Artifact Analysis and Handling).
- Understanding and identifying intruder techniques and the artifacts associated with the incident.
- Risks and Threats to computers and networks
- Security vulnerabilities/weaknesses and related attacks
- Physical security issues
- Host/System security issues
- Network Security issues
- Protocol design flaws
- Malicious code
- Implementation flaws
- Configuration weaknesses
- User errors
- Must communicate effectively to the Watchdesk Lead, our contracted constituency and other external components. Most communication occurs through written word:
- Email responses concerning incidents.
- Documentation of event/ incident reports, vulnerabilities, and other technical information.
- Security Policy Development
- Security Awareness Training and Education
- Follow all policies and procedures to ensure all information is protected and handled appropriately.
- Must be a competent problem solver easily adapts to changing and fast paced work environment with the ability to cope with stress and work under pressure to address new situations and efficiently handle incidents guiding Team in:
- Determining the relevance of the data to provide.
- Identify what information is important, missing, or might be misinterpreted or incorrect.
- Deciding how to handle the data.
- Seek additional information from multiple resources.
- Verify information through alternative methods.
- US Citizenship Required
- Candidate must have a currently Active DoD Secret Clearance to be considered for this position.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to highly sensitive information.
- Security+CE certification preferred
- Desired Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Years of Experience: 1-2
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").