Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer for our Federal Health IT client at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The ideal candidate should have strong cloud computing experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.). They should also have superior coding/ scripting, process re-engineering, and communication and collaboration skills.
- Set up and maintain application, presentation, and data server environments in support of release cycles.
- Create deployment and configuration automation scripts, as well as cloud formation templates to build cloud services that support our micro-services custom application
- Build the whole stack ELBs to databases
- Move and launch code
- Integration that enables ramp-up and ramp-down for cyclical processing demand cycles
- Work collaboratively with the Agile team to deploy and operate our systems
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a large, high performing team building a new enterprise web-enabled business application. This includes the design, development, test, and implementation of new functionalities including migration of data from the legacy system.
We are looking for either (1) developers who have recently moved into deployment and network operations, or (2) sysadmins who have a passion for scripting and coding, and have recently moved into the development side where they are helping to improve planning of test and deployment.
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 7+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 3+ years experience setting up and maintaining server environments in support of release cycles
- 3+ years experience creating deployment and configuration automation scripts
- 2+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Required Personal Skills for DevOps Engineer:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Strong background in Linux/Windows Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest DevOps trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").