Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a DevOps Platform Engineering and Operations Lead to join our team. The DevOps Platform Engineering and Operations Lead (PEOL) implements and operates the platform components for all agile, DevOps, and software delivery services. The PEOL is an expert in high-availability, resilient, cloud-based, secure mission-critical computing platforms. The PEOL demonstrates subject matter expert knowledge of DevOps platform and operations capabilities, solutions, and best practices, and facilitates technology and process direction and stakeholder buy-in appropriately.
- Manage the creation of hardened OS, plan infrastructure and platform patching and continuous compliance, continuous delivery of platform features through platform pipeline with testing, leveraging immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code, and appropriate use of AWS security best practices
- Manage the operation of platform components (Docker infrastructure, SSL, reverse proxy, perimeter firewalls, automated backups, upgrades, CI servers, etc.)
- Enables stable, reliable and effective code management processes across multiple technical environments
- Liaise with the DevOps / Configuration Manager and technical leadership team to plan, build, implement and continuously improve the DevOps platform
- Coordinates with the DevOps / Configuration Manager to support configuration management structure and processes across all operating environments including production.
- Coordinate with Applications Operations Lead on all deployments spanning multiple environments
- Support implementation of Image repository and code repository
- Supports appropriate scaling parameters and resource allocation within the platform in support of efforts to manage the operation and deployment of application code deployed as Docker containers
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 5+ years progressively increasing experience in building, operating, and maintaining complex, high availability, secure, cloud-based computing platforms
- 3+ years managing cloud environment for multiple development teams
- 3+ years working with large Agile teams with parallel development
- 3+ years working with AWS cloud
- Experience with Linux System Administration (Ex: System Patching, Bash, etc.)
- Experience developing automated scripts (Ex: CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or Salt)
- Experience managing a Docker environment ideally in production setting
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Required Personal Skills for Enterprise Architect:
- Linux system administration, AMI packing, automated configuration management and infrastructure as code.
- Application clustering and high availability
- Container orchestration tools, monitoring, unified logging
- Cloud Architecture
- Security (Secrets Management Services and Encryption, SIEM tools integration, etc.)
- Superior technical engineering skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related); Desired Education: Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related)
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").