Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Configuration / DevOps Manager to join our team. The responsibilities for the Configuration / DevOps Manager will include:
- Skills/Qualifications (Required):
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 7+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 3+ years experience setting up and maintaining server environments in support of release cycles
- 3+ years experience creating deployment and configuration automation scripts
- 2+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Strong background in Linux/Windows Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with Java technologies SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest DevOps trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Technical Skills:
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Experience with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Experience with continuous integration continuous delivery
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").