Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our team. The Enterprise Architect (EA) uses the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) enterprise business strategy to define systems architecture to support that strategy. The EA demonstrates subject matter expert knowledge of architecture methodologies and facilitates technology direction and stakeholder buy-in appropriately. The EA develops the required artifacts and maintains the architecture roadmap. The EA is an expert in microservice concepts and terminology and the use of industry design patterns and service design processes. The EA works with CMS SMEs to create a framework for developing new enterprise services and solutions.
- Develop overall architecture within CMS enterprise constraint/ requirements
- Lead the delivery of end-to-end project architecture decisions and deliverables
- Assists with the development of artifacts and conducts analyses on existing enterprise architecture artifacts
- Prepares Technical Review Board (TRB) artifacts for team and customer
- Rationalize, articulate, and defend microservices-centric architectures over alternative architectures
- Provides support with the configuration of systems, networks, and IT-related business processes
- Evaluates business requirements to identify potential microservice solutions and microservice architecture to employ to meet business objectives
- Supports CMS in knowledge transfer and testing, supports preparation of IT project lifecycle business, functional, and technical deliverables/work products
- Conduct analysis of alternatives and support/design proof-of-concepts to ensure appropriate architecture runway to support project milestones
- Document architecture via diagrams and other required documents/ files
- Supports all layers of CMS 3-tier architecture
- Mentors development team on adhering to enterprise based standards
- Contribute to architecting and designing of security into the system, spanning all relevant system components.
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 10+ years progressively increasing experience in planning, architecting, and designing complex software systems
- 5+ years developing complex conceptual diagrams including documenting cloud architectures (Physical, Logical, Network, Security, Data, etc.) to support various consumers (ARB, Developer community, Security Accreditation)
- 2+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Experience working in enterprise system modernization efforts.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Required Personal Skills for Enterprise Architect:
- Ability to architect a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Understanding of cloud architecture including highly available and disaster recovery, cloud and network security, data persistence technologies (Ex: NoSQL vs. SQL), etc.
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful best practices such as level-III Maturity RESTful API standards, authentication protocols,
- Ability to obtain client approval on architecture changes
- Thorough understanding of all code environments
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS technical architecture (system requirements, goals, and constraints)
- An understanding of containerization and applicability to various application scenarios.
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related); Desired Education: Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related)
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").