Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking a Network Administrator to join our team in support of our federal customer. The responsibilities of the Network Administrator will include the following:
- Perform system administrator duties to support the successful execution of test events including but not limited to tasks required for administering and maintaining testing environments, troubleshooting and configuring hardware, software, peripherals and services, network administration, and coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies
- Develop and maintain system architecture diagrams, installation and configuration procedures, and standard operating procedures related to system administration activities
- Research, evaluate and recommend innovative, and when possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Perform daily system monitoring and maintenance, verify the security, integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Manage user accounts including creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Manage and track all physical equipment, software and assets
- Participates in SDD Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by attending technical and program milestone reviews
- Provide subject matter expertise on establishing network and system connectivity between interfacing organizations and systems across multiple test environments
- Assist in helping the Testing Team and Government Test Managers understand new technologies and technical and application requirements including but not limited to subject matter expertise on end-to-end system data flows and interface connections
- Create and maintain an environment matrix for each product that depicts dependencies and inter-relationships to alleviate potential risks during all PSB product installations and testing events
- Support and manage the testing labs for test events including SIT, SQT, and other test events
- Secure and monitor all physical and virtual testing environments to support availability for all test events
- Minimum 3 years of relevant system administration experience for software testing environments, or 5 years with non-IT degree.
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating systems, Microsoft SharePoint, VMware, Mirth, JBOSS, IBM WebSphere, SnareWorks, software testing applications and network monitoring tools
- Strong experience in managing and performing hardware and software setup for multiple testing environments for clinical information systems, virtualization, establishing network connectivity, and security hardening
- Experience in establishing interfaces with multiple environments, organizations or systems required to support testing events and activities
- Experience in administering and managing user accounts through Active Directory or other applications requiring account creation and management
- Experience in managing virtualized environments supporting multiple configurations and baselines
- Experience in troubleshooting and identify mitigations for hardware, software and network performance issues
- Experience in creating system architecture diagrams and understanding end-to-end system data flows
- Understanding of Agile life-cycle processes is preferred
- BA/BS in IT with 3 years’ experience in System/Network Admin in Software Testing Environment OR BA/BS in non-IT with 5 years
- US Citizenship is Required
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").