SBD is seeking an Agile Program Manager to be responsible for an exciting modern development project for our federal client. The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom web-enabled system using Agile methods. This includes the user story development, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new functionalities as well as enhancements to existing ones.
The Program Manager will be responsible for working with business and technology teams across the project team to deliver customer value through implementation of agile principles, processes, and methods. This position requires an experienced Program Manager with a strong leadership, problem solving and customer engagement.
- Lead, maintain, and promote vision of large scale, user-experience-focused contract in support of our DoD customer.
- Oversee and support the core leadership teams’ needs to ensure regular flow of delivery.
- Collaborate with program leaders and stakeholders to not only deliver high value, high quality software, but also to develop the social glue needed to support a high-performance environment.
- Provide long-term vision for the evolution of the program in relation to the client’s evolving needs;
- Support the development of program and project requirements and review requirements documents to ensure business, functional and technical. requirements are complete and defined within government policies;
- Lead and oversee development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs, and support services.
- Provide program and project management review and audit support to ensure compliance and identify opportunities for improvement with the ultimate goal of successful completion of projects on time, on budget and within scope;
- Prepare and deliver monthly status reports. Create and/or review individual program and project plans and schedules, ensuring that all deliverables are met.
- Serve as a liaison for communicating with the executive leadership and clients on any issues that arise;
- Manage and direct diverse teams of staff and subcontractors.
- Over ten (10) years of experience providing program management and technical direction to multiple complex programs.
- Must be familiar with the principles of exercising independent judgment, as well as a high level of analytical skill, in solving complex and unusual. technical, administrative, and managerial problems.
- Must have extensive direct management experience.
- Strong organization skills.
- Leadership and motivational ability.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and timely (verbal and written).
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems, issues, and risks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload based on needs of the client.
- Ability to work with the client with minimal supervision; this may involve identifying new opportunities to bring value to the client without direction.
- Ability to navigate complex relationships with numerous government and contractor teams in multiple geographical areas.
- Hands-on operational experience serving as a Program Manager on a large, complex IT system.
- Working knowledge of Agile delivery processes (e.g., Scrum, KANBAN, etc.) and techniques for Agile Delivery.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills including the ability to participate in persuasive discourse with customers and the ability to produce compelling documentation of solutions that is easily understood by non-technical reviewers.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with senior managers, peers, and customers is also required.
- PMP Certified
- Must be a US Citizen able to pass a DoD-specific Public Trust background investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, information technology, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Works well with ambiguous requirements and unknowns.
- Works well under pressure and with tight (fixed) timelines.
- Experience leading, supporting, and working with a team consisting of 50+ FTEs.
- Understands and has experience with federal government contract.
- Knowledge and experience with DoD.
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including DoD.
- Agile Certified Scrum Master.
- Masters’ Degree.
- Prior experience leading highly complex IT development or modernization projects using Agile methods.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").