SBD is seeking a UX Interactive Developer to join an exciting modernization project for our federal client at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom developed web-enabled system based on an established business process. The UX Interactive Developer will:
- Be an energetic, team player who understands the importance of creating a great user experience for various types of stakeholders and end users (both internal and external).
- Have proven ability to support program vision through interactive storytelling.
- Understand the need and value of working collaboratively with members of the UI and UX teams, product managers/owners, developers, and call center in a variety of settings, as well as interact frequently with the customer and end user community.
- Possess a results-driven mindset that thrives in a startup environment; ability to work independently and is comfortable with ambiguity early on in a project.
- Be able to leverage a user-centered design process to design multi-channel experiences for stakeholders and various user groups through videos, help systems, content display, emails, surveys, etc.
- Be expected to identify user types and understand their unique needs to create specific user based education, training, and outreach materials.
- Leverage experience with various design tools/methods to understanding and guided the customer journey mapping process (detailing customer touch points with the program and system).
- Extensive experience creating user self-help training and how-to videos using video recording, audio recording, and screen capture tools.
- Experience designing and developing user materials, such as user guides, job aides, presentations, training packages (agendas, curriculums, handouts/take-aways), surveys, webinar videos, quick start guides.
- Experience developing and delivering event after action reports and executive summaries.
- Experience creating publish design strategies, style guides, and specification and design libraries for the team, desired.
- Experience defining user interface behaviors through the use of experience models (journey maps), personas, use cases, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, simulations and etc.
- Strong executive communications skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent visual design and user material development skills (layout, typography, and color, infographics, summary reports, dashboards).
- Firm understanding of the user-centered design process and expert proficiency in interaction design tools and methods.
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile first approach, plus but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, capable clearly defending position with reasoning grounded in UX principles.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, a plus.
- Ability to develop working relationships with individuals across various departments within the organization, with vendors, subcontractors, clients, and user groups.
- Experience working on federal contracts is a plus, but not required.
- Familiar with the Plain English Act.
- Understands the unique differences between education, training, and outreach and how they are all part of a comprehensive user engagement strategy.
- Outside of the box thinker who is willing to pitch new ideas.
- Provide samples of work during interview.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in visual communications, user experience, marketing, instructional design, or English preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in user experience design, visual design, or instructional design.
- Knowledgeable in the following technologies: Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, and Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a mature ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Balanced understanding of how specialized UX skillsets come together to create excellent user experiences (experience strategy, design research & usability, interaction and visual design, content strategy, user interaction/interviews), proven and required.
- Leadership skills
- Works well under pressure and with tight (fixed) timelines
- All applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a CMS-specific Public Trust background investigation
- Experience working on a large team (50+ members) that is comprised on SBD and non-SBD employees and all of which are not co-located.
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").