SBD is seeking a motivated Data Architect to join an exciting modernization project for our client working in a fast-paced and forward-thinking agile environment. The project team will be responsible for developing and supporting a custom developed web-enabled system. This includes the user story development, architectural design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new functionalities as well as enhancements to existing ones. Data Analytics support is a critical function of the system and will provide users the ability to analyze and use the health insurance and related information. This includes a data repository and analytics solution to act as a cloud-based data platform for capturing, sharing, aggregating, and analyzing health insurance and related information to support improved decision making, improved business practices and improved services to states and federal agencies.
- Provide technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis, and use of systems technology, including architecture, integration capabilities, and database management.
- Provide technical and data leadership for system developers and the IT infrastructure
- Work with the core team to understand how the future direction of the contract will impact the system.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where new data policies need to be developed
- Lead the end-to-end vision design of all the processes in a composite fashion including how they interplay and flow among themselves.
- Provide and design the data topology with business intelligent Extract, Transfer, Load tools and data modeling structures.
- Provide expertise in both defining data structures and data integration practices for business intelligence or for operational uses.
- Provide data governance practices, in data administration, in data integration, and in data modeling.
- Provide support in establishing policies and goals for executing the governance, administration, integration, and modeling tasks.
- Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Reviews and develops object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Provides system design and development, applications and operations support, data architecture, client computing consultation, user support and training, business process review and consultation, third party software evaluation, purchase and implementation for unique business solutions.
- Focuses on wide-ranging and cross-functional application knowledge.
- Encourages others to consider innovative alternatives and contributes to business strategy.
- Sets and directs action plans. Understands functional concepts and drives for results.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the database
- Participate in Daily SCRUM to ensure reporting of blockers and issues so that the SPRINT cycle is on track.
- Work closely with the Application development team to ensure requirements are understood and documented for the database development team.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Experience leading the processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data within a microservices environment
- Experience leading data movement and transformation technologies
- Leading Database Management and Data Maintenance
- Must have full understanding of Relational database concepts and able to develop and design Relational data models.
- Must have experience and knowledge of database technologies
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based data strategies, NoSQL, SQL, Data Warehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Develop and maintain scripts
- Must be familiar with the GIT repository for all database scripts and artifacts.
- Must be able to analyze production issues related to the database and queries and work with the performance tester to troubleshoot issues
- Performance Tuning and Tuning Operating Systems for PostgreSQL database
- Data Modeling
- Process Improvement and Requirements Analysis
- Implement Database Security and Developing Standards in a microservices environment
- PostgreSQL Database Performance Tuning by index and partition management
- PostgreSQL highly available multi-node clustering, replication and connection pooling installation and configuration
- PostgreSQL backup/recovery, restore and troubleshooting experience
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Experience and familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Microservices environment.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation
- Must be forward thinking and passionate problem solver able to work in a group environment that contributes to global client and company mission and culture
- Able to take on new challenges and professionally communicate and collaborate with peers and executive client and corporate leadership
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").